Educational equity is the condition of justice, fairness and inclusion in our systems of educationđánh bài online ăn tiền thật so that all students have access to the opportunities to learn and develop to their fullest potentials.
The pursuit of educational equity recognizes the historical conditions and barriers that have prevented opportunity and success in learningđánh bài online ăn tiền thật for students based on their races, incomes, and other social conditions.
Eliminating those structural and institutional barriers to educational opportunities requires systemic changeđánh bài online ăn tiền thật that allows for distribution of resources, information and other support depending on the student’s situation to ensure an equitable outcome.
Equity is different from equality. Equity is a principle that is based upon justness and fairness, while equality demands everyone be treated at the same level. The Minnesota Department of Education is leading for educational excellence and equity. Every day for every one.
Duluth Public Schools
đánh bài online ăn tiền thậtIt is vitally important that we recognize the work done by countless individuals, groups, and organizations of the Duluth Public Schools and our community that allowed us to reach this point in our efforts to provide an equitable education for all.
Through all of their experience, passion, sacrifice, knowledge and wisdom, we are able to continue the work started by many before us. It is our goal to honor that work with our efforts and continue to move the Duluth Public Schools towards a more just and equitable education institution. In the spirit of equity, we acknowledge all of you still here and all of those no longer with us.
In June 2018, and after months of community input and discussion, the Duluth School Board approved Resolution E-6-18-3555:
Commitment for an Education Equity Framework
WHEREAS, education equity is the condition of justice, fairness, inclusion, and cultural responsiveness in our systems of education so that all students have access to the opportunities to learn and develop to their fullest potentials;
WHEREAS, the pursuit of education equity recognizes the historical conditions and barriers that have prevented opportunity and success in learning for students based on their races, ethnicities, incomes, and other social conditions;
WHEREASđánh bài online ăn tiền thật, eliminating those structural and institutional barriers to educational opportunity requires systemic change that allows for distribution of resources, information, and other support depending on the student’s situation to ensure an equitable outcome;
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Duluth School Board does commit to implementation of the Duluth Public Schools Education Equity Framework, which includes a definition of Education Equity, the Minnesota Department of Education’s Ten Minnesota Commitments to Equity and the Duluth Public Schools Tool for Equity Accountability (TEA) form;
BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Duluth School Board hereby directs administration to develop a Duluth Public Schools Education Equity Framework implementation and accountability plan.
Ten Minnesota Committments to Equity:
1. Prioritize closing the gaps:đánh bài online ăn tiền thật Set and communicate the vision and targets for closing gaps.
2. Start from within: đánh bài online ăn tiền thậtFocus on your leadership team first.
3. Measure what matters: Make data visible, use research and talk regularly about them.
4. Go local: Engage and develop leaders on every level.
5. Follow the money: đánh bài online ăn tiền thậtReallocate resources to students who need them most. 6. Start early: Invest in students early on - learn trouble spots and establish prevention strategies.
7. Engage more deeply: Monitor equitable implementation of standards. Know your classrooms. Tend your community partnerships.
8. Value people: Focus on teachers and leaders. Hire the best people for your most vulnerable students.
9. Improve conditions for learning:đánh bài online ăn tiền thật Focus on school culture, climate and social-emotional development. Connect teaching to the experiences, knowledge and needs of students.
10. Give students options:đánh bài online ăn tiền thật Empower students with high-quality options to support every student’s success
Adapted from the Council for Chief State School Officers and the Florida Department of Education.