How to Enroll
A warm welcome to you and your family! We consider it an honor to provide educational services for your child and look forward to preparing them for a successful future in the home, community and workplace.
There are two ways to register new students for school.
Or, Use Hard Copy Forms
đánh bài online ăn tiền thậtAvailable from your or print them out using the links below.
- Application for Educational Benefits: or .
Submit completed forms to your or (if school is not in session) to the Assistant Superintendent's Office at 215 N. 1st Avenue East, Room 203. If you have questions, please call your school or the Assistant Superintendent's office at 218-336-8739.
Documentation required in order to register:
- Verification of your home address by one of the following:
- Property Tax Statement
- Signed Lease
- Purchase Agreement
- Immunization Records. Minnesota law (MN State Statute 121A.15) requires that all children provide documentation of required immunizations (clinical printout of all immunization dates) or documentation of a legal exemption of required immunizations. .
- Kindergarten - verification of your child's name and birthday by one of the following:
- Birth Certificate
- Health Care Professional Certificate
- SLC Registry Verification
- Hospital Souvenir Certificate
Note: To obtain a birth certificate for a child born in St. Louis County, contact the St. Louis County Recorder – Vital Statistics, Room 101 Court House, Duluth, MN. Phone 218-726-2559.
For Grades 1-12, verification of your child's name and birthday will be obtained through a copy of last year's school attendance record or permanent/other scholastic school record.
Additional documents required when registering your child for Kindergarten:
- Early Childhood Screening. MN State Law requires a developmental and health screening for each child prior to enrollment in kindergarten. ISD 709 provides free screening most weeks during the months of September through April, with one additional date scheduled each month from May through August. View the Early Childhood Screening Calendar online and arrange an appointment or call 218-336-8816 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. An equivalent screening can be accepted from another agency or health care provider.
- Physical and Dental Exams. We recommend you make appointments for your child’s physical and dental examination prior to registration and bring the completed forms with you.
Open Enrollment and Transfers - Contact the Office of the Assistant Superintendent if you have questions, 218-336-8739: